Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God's Healing; My Healing

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. -Matthew 8:7

Twelve years ago, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Although I was spiritually-sick at the time, I was physically healthy, young and active. I developed a lemon-sized swelling in my groin area. Because of the sensitive location on my body and the painlessness, I did not alert anyone to the condition, but after several weeks of seeing this knot on my body, I became increasingly worried. I told my parents who immediately went to God in prayer.


We went to a doctor which conducted blood tests, a physical and in depth interview to produce a diagnosis. After several hours of waiting, the doctor returned to our room with a heavy sigh. His diagnosis was Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. This cancer, although not usually terminal, with radiation therapy and possible chemotherapy, the doctor informed us that I should be able to live a normal life. “What surgeon would you like to use?” he asked.

We were shocked to say the least as is everyone that has been diagnosed with any cancer. I advised him that I lived 150 miles away and to let me do some research closer to home before we schedule the procedure. We made an appointment to come back a week later. My parents continued to pray. Thus began the Phase Two of the healing. My parents called me every day to check on me and to assure me that they, their church and several other churches were praying for me. I thanked them, but silently tried to map out the remainder of my life.

Just a few days later, I began to notice the swelling reduce. I was happy, but chalked it up to wishful thinking. I relayed the hope to my parents, who were still much in prayer. A few more days passed and, just like that, it was nearly gone! One week from that initial diagnosis, we walked into the doctor’s office still apprehensive, but with smiles on our faces. A few tests later, the doctor came to our room with a smile on his face and some good news. He tells us that the swelling has reduced and that there were no signs of cancer. Praise God!

God healed me when I was undeserving. God healed me regardless of what I was. God healed me in spite of me. Because of His grace, love, and mercy towards sinners like me. I owe it all to Him.

I believe!

I was healed of cancer. :)

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. -Jeremiah 17:14

1 comment:

  1. This piece of writing presents clear idea designed for the new visitors of blogging, that truly how to do blogging.


    Feel free to surf to my web site; s2000 body kits

    ReplyDelete