Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Lord Is...



Learning the names of God has increased my understanding of His character, increased my faith, and increased my ability to praise and worship His Holy name. He's my all in all. He's my everything, but I like those specific names given to God to describe His grace, love, and mercy.

I stumbled across part of this message on the radio. I couldn't wait to get to my bible and study it out. You talk about a blessing and a revelation!

Check this out:

1. The Lord is my shepherd - (Jehovah-Raha, which means the Lord is my Shepherd)

2. I shall not want - (Jehovah-Jireh, which means the Lord will provide)

3. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters - (Jehovah-Shalom, which means the Lord is our peace)

4. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake - (Jehovah-Tsidkenu, which means the Lord our righteousness)

5. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me - (Jehovah-Shammah, which means the Lord is with us)

6. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies - (Jehovah-Nissi, which means the Lord our Banner or Victor)

7. Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over - (Jehovah-Rapha, which means the Lord our healer)

8. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Don't limit God with just one name, He has a name for your every need. I can see David sitting in a pasture, laying back and looking up into the sky...the Lord is my shepherd or Jehovah-Raha, I shall not want because Jehovah-Jireh, etc.

When you start studying the many names of God, you'll began to see the characteristics of Him. You'll see that for every need you have, He has a name.

All in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment