Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thy Word


Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. -Psalm 119:105

In a dark world, His word is a lamp. In a dark world, His word is a light. I once was blind, but now, by His word, I see. I once was lost, but now, by His word, I am found.

Stumbling through a dark world, it's comforting to know that the Word of God will light the way. Like awkwardly tripping around a darkened room, the pathway through this wilderness is full of obstacles and pitfalls. But, the Word of God shines a light along the way.

A light of safety. A light of security. A light to point the way to righteousness. A light to shun the way to unrighteousness. A light to be seen. A light to be known.

God's applied word to our lives is a reflective light to a dark world. Jesus said,

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid." -Matthew 5:14

God's light will be seen. Like a city on the side of a hill, propped up and alive, God's people will be noticed. In a world that is constantly searching, groping around in the dark, God's work will be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment