Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Old Black Book


The Old Black Book
KJV 1611


This old, black Book and I,
To reach a home on high,
By it I'll live and die,
This old, black Book and I.

This black Book shows to me,
From sin I can be free,
Through Christ once on the tree,
And raised to victory.

This old, black Book of mine,
In glory doth it shine,
The words of God divine,
This old, black Book of mine.


M. E. Van Nattan

One of the most precious things to a preacher is his Bible. He has cried over it, studied it, slept with it, stood on it, and memorized it. He has embraced it, believed it, and loved it. It has carried him through deaths, marriages, births, and rebirths. It shines light on the right way. It shines light on the wrong way. It has told of the first man and it has told of the last man. O, what a precious book. The Word of God.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. -Psalm
119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment